for 2 servings
- 8 oz tempeh(825 g), 1 package
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ yellow onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- ¼ cup less sodium soy sauce(60 mL)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- black pepper, to taste
- tortilla, to serve
- Add tempeh to kitchen appliance and pulse till a breakable consistency is made, ensuring to not over-pulse.
- Heat vegetable oil in pan over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion and sauté for three minutes.
- Add jalapeño and sauté for two additional minutes, or till onion is semitransparent.
- Add ground tempeh and sauté for four minutes, or till tempeh is slightly golden.
- Add condiment, cumin, flavouring, garlic powder and black pepper and still sauté for 3 5 additional minutes or till desired consistency is reached
- Serve on heat tortillas with desired taco toppings.